- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Our researchers turn basic science discoveries into new therapies for patients. Guided by our faculty members, graduate students and postdoctoral trainees develop prototype drug molecules which typically need further optimization before progressing to clinical trials.
Collaboration with the private sector, including via faculty entrepreneurship, is a natural extension of the scientific work we do and a necessary step to navigate the costly and lengthy process of advancing a new drug through human clinical trials. Companies co-founded by our faculty help move their research even closer to patients.
Entrepreneurship is encouraged and supported throughout the University of California and is an integral part of its technological, economic, and social benefits.