- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- International Collaborations
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Patient Care
January 6, 2015
The mission of the School of Pharmacy at the University of California, San Francisco is to improve the health of people everywhere through leading therapeutics-related research, education, and patient care, and public and professional service. In meeting our mission we aim to:
- Reveal and share new knowledge through innovation in basic, translational, clinical, education, health services, policy, regulatory, and economics research.
- Deliver a unique education to our students, enabling them to think critically, lead, and work seamlessly across professions and fields.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate patient care, improving patient and systems outcomes.
- Share our expertise with professional colleagues, the public, industry leaders, and policy makers.
We meet our mission within a culture of understanding, inclusion, equity, and respect. We recruit and support faculty members, staff members, and students who are diverse in gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. We have a particular commitment to historically excluded populations who are currently underrepresented. We are collaborative, engaging the expertise of colleagues at UCSF and beyond to meet our mission in mutually beneficial ways.
The missions of the UCSF School of Pharmacy’s Departments of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, Clinical Pharmacy, and Pharmaceutical Chemistry fall under the broader umbrella of the School's mission statement. The School supports the larger missions of the University of California, San Francisco and the University of California.
Previous mission statements: