- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Assistant Deans
- Associate Deans
- Education Unit
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Finance and Administration
- Office of Planning and Communications
- Org chart
- Patient Care
The UCSF School of Pharmacy focuses on improving health through precise therapeutics—medicines, medical devices, and diagnostic tests.
Our faculty is advancing innovative therapeutics-related science, guiding the most creative PhD scientists-in-the-making, and preparing Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) students to think critically. We are steering the direction of research and health care delivery outside academia, working as pharmacists on health teams in groundbreaking ways, caring for patients through new approaches, and empowering patients with the information they need to make the best personal choices about medications.
The Dean’s Office and the School’s three departments work toward these ends in different but complementary ways:
- The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry explores fundamental biological mechanisms and molecules of therapeutic relevance for better health, empowered by novel technologies at the interface of chemistry, physics, and computational sciences.
- The Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences explores the complex processes of biology and applies these findings and bioengineering advances to the development and rational use of precise therapeutics to improve health.
- The Department of Clinical Pharmacy advances the precise, safe, and effective use of therapeutics to improve health.
- The Dean’s Office ensures the School has the strategic agenda, operational framework, and resources required to succeed.
Signs of our success
As the oldest school of pharmacy in the West, the UCSF School of Pharmacy has a long history of accomplishment in science, patient care, and in training tomorrow’s PhD researchers and PharmD clinicians.
- Recipient of more National Institutes of Health research funding than any other pharmacy school in the United States, every year since 1979
- Consistently among the top universities and colleges receiving total research and development funds for chemistry