- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Office of Administration
About the office
The Office of Administration oversees all Dean’s Office activities related to communications, compliance, purchasing, finance, and operations, serving the dean and the School’s three department chairs.
The office oversees School-level human resource management of the faculty and is responsible for the School’s central budget administration, resource tracking and analysis, and purchasing. It advises the dean on resource strategies, while ensuring that the School’s administrative and resource activities are conducted according to the policies and procedures of UCSF, the University of California, and other governing bodies.
Part of the Dean’s Office, it is managed by the associate dean of administration and finance, who reports to the dean.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating the Schoolwide web presence across a multisite web platform.
- Developing and maintaining effective web content.
- Promoting brand messaging and identity.
- Developing news and feature stories.
- Promoting content via social media.
- Developing and implementing consistent School-specific editorial style.
Compliance and purchasing
- Promoting Schoolwide awareness of the policies and procedures of the University of California Office of the President, the UCSF Controller’s Office, and the School of Pharmacy Dean’s Office.
- Providing guidance and training in compliance issues to School faculty and staff members.
- Maintaining internal controls such as statistical data for audit and compliance review, space management, and equipment inventory management.
- Providing centralized materiel management for the Dean’s Office.
- Interpreting and implementing policy using purchasing guidelines.
- Ensuring efficient central administration and allocation of financial resources.
- Developing detailed budgets, tracking, and reporting on financial status.
- Forecasting financial futures and planning for alternate financial directions as needed.
- Communicating accurate and timely financial information at the levels of the School, the Dean’s Office, and the departments.
- Working with other campus units to improve campus financial systems.
- Establishing and ensuring effective and efficient administrative procedures for the Dean’s Office.
- Providing administrative support to the vice dean, associate dean of academic affairs, and associate dean of administration.
- Coordinating the School’s work with central campus human resources service centers, pre-award service centers.
- Representing the School on campus committees dealing with finance, research, information technology, and space.
- Ensuring best use, best practices, maintenance, and upgrade of administrative information technologies.
- Ensuring effective implementation of special events and programs.
- Supporting staff engagement.
- Planning to meet space needs.
- All areas of finance and budgeting.
- Applicable laws, policies, regulations.
- Purchasing and facilities maintenance and upgrades.
- General administration.
- Project prioritization, coordination, planning, and analysis.
- Executive scheduling and meeting preparation, presentation and report development, and communications.
- Information technology management and support.
- Constituent relations.
- Comprehensive computer and web technology project development and management.
- News and feature reporting, writing.
- General editing.
- Web editing.
- Graphic identity.
- Social media platform management and promotion.
- Communications planning and protocols.
- Communications trends/developments.
tel: +1 415 514-0891
fax: +1 415 476-1508
UCSF Valley Tower Box 1204
490 Illinois St Floor 3
San Francisco CA 94143
FedEx only: use zip 94158
Associate Dean of Administration and Finance
Associate Dean of Administration and Finance
Budgets & Allocations Director
+1 415 867-9446
+1 415 476-1226
Finance and Budget Analyst
+1 415 514-3747
+1 415 514-1491
+1 415 502-3955
Senior Front-end Developer
Staffing & Operations Director
+1 415 514-4745
Purchasing and Space
+1 415 476-8015
Some images: Elisabeth Fall