- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Five School of Pharmacy researchers in first cohort of Chan Zuckerberg Biohub Investigators
By UCSF School of Pharmacy Editorial Staff / Tue Feb 14, 2017
Fifteen UC San Francisco faculty members have been named to the first cohort of Chan Zuckerberg Biohub Investigators, including five from the School of Pharmacy.
The CZ Biohub is an independent nonprofit research organization formed as a collaboration between UCSF, UC Berkeley and Stanford University with the goal of inventing new tools to accelerate transformative advances in the life sciences. CZ Biohub is funded by a $600 million commitment from Facebook CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg and pediatrician Priscilla Chan, and it is the first philanthropic science investment made by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, which is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality.
The first cohort of CZ Biohub Investigators includes 47 faculty members from the three universities. The group includes both highly accomplished senior professors as well as up-and-coming young faculty.
UCSF has nine senior investigators and six junior investigators in the cohort; the senior investigators include these five faculty members from the School of Pharmacy:
- Adam Abate, PhD, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Zev Gartner, PhD, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Bo Huang, PhD, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Tanja Kortemme, PhD, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- James Wells, PhD, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
15 UCSF Researchers Named to First Cohort of Chan Zuckerberg Biohub Investigators
School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, PharmD Degree Program
About the School: The UCSF School of Pharmacy aims to solve the most pressing health care problems and strives to ensure that each patient receives the safest, most effective treatments. Our discoveries seed the development of novel therapies, and our researchers consistently lead the nation in NIH funding. The School’s doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree program, with its unique emphasis on scientific thinking, prepares students to be critical thinkers and leaders in their field.