- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
UCSF School of Pharmacy’s 32nd year of top NIH funding includes many new projects
By David Jacobson / Fri Apr 13, 2012
For the 32nd consecutive year, the UCSF School of Pharmacy received more research funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) than any other pharmacy school in the United States.
Total grants and contracts awarded to School of Pharmacy researchers during the NIH fiscal year 2011 (running from October 1, 2010 to September 31, 2011) totaled $29.1 million, according to Michael Nordberg, MPA/HSA, associate dean of administration and finance.
Such preeminence in securing highly competitive U.S. federal research funds reflects the School’s strengths in advancing long-standing national technology centers in mass spectrometry and biocomputing, as well as on-going major research projects within the School’s three departments, including areas such as:
- Women and HIV, Department of Clinical Pharmacy.
- Pharmacogenomics of membrane transporters, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences.
- Key enzymes in apoptosis and inflammation, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
But the School’s continuing leadership also reflects first-time NIH support for new faculty projects as well as for new researchers, including two postdoctoral fellows.
More on new NIH funding
- New NIH funding awarded to UCSF School of Pharmacy postdoctoral fellows in 2011
- New NIH funding awarded to the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry in 2011
- New NIH funding awarded to the Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences in 2011
- New NIH funding awarded to the Department of Clinical Pharmacy in 2011
School of Pharmacy NIH funding
|Tue Feb 15, 2022||UCSF School of Pharmacy leads in NIH funding for the 42nd straight year|
|Thu Feb 18, 2021||UCSF School of Pharmacy leads in NIH funding for the 41st straight year|
|Thu Apr 2, 2020||UCSF School of Pharmacy leads in NIH funding for the 40th straight year|
|Wed Feb 27, 2019||School of Pharmacy tops pharmacy schools in NIH funding for 39th straight year|
|Mon Mar 12, 2018||UCSF School of Pharmacy leads in NIH funding for 38th year|
About the School: The UCSF School of Pharmacy aims to solve the most pressing health care problems and strives to ensure that each patient receives the safest, most effective treatments. Our discoveries seed the development of novel therapies, and our researchers consistently lead the nation in NIH funding. The School’s doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree program, with its unique emphasis on scientific thinking, prepares students to be critical thinkers and leaders in their field.