- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Assistant Deans
- Associate Deans
- Education Unit
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Org chart
- Patient Care
Chancellor Desmond-Hellman presents renewed mission, three-year goals
By David Jacobson / Thu Oct 6, 2011
UCSF Chancellor Susan Desmond-Hellman, MD, MPH, delivered her State of the University address at Cole Hall on the Parnassus campus on October 4, 2011.
In her third year at the helm, Desmond-Hellman presented a renewed mission and vision for the university that included five major goals guiding the health sciences institution through the next three years:
- Provide unparalleled care to our patients.
- Improve health through innovative science.
- Attract and support the most talented and diverse trainees in the health sciences.
- Be the workplace of choice for diverse, top-tier talent.
- Create a financially sustainable enterprise-wide business model.
About the School: The UCSF School of Pharmacy is a premier graduate-level academic organization dedicated to improving health through precise therapeutics. It succeeds through innovative research, by educating PharmD health professional and PhD science students, and by caring for the therapeutics needs of patients while exploring innovative new models of patient care. The School was founded in 1872 as the first pharmacy school in the American West. It is an integral part of UC San Francisco, a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide.