- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Leading Change: Strategic Plan 2015–2022
Change is part of the fabric of the UCSF School of Pharmacy. We instigate it, support it, adapt to it—and we plan for it.
This strategic plan summarizes the combined conclusions of our faculty, with important input from colleagues, regarding our areas of focus. While broad enough to envelop our work as a whole, it is also clear in its direction.
Extended in 2019, the plan was originally adopted for 2015–2020. Through 2022, we will …
- Drive the development of innovative and precise drugs, medical devices, and diagnostic tests
- Prepare leaders who think critically, work across fields, and lead in rapidly changing marketplaces
- Reframe how the medication needs of patients are met
- Support our agents of change—our faculty, staff, and alumni
- Ensure the School has the framework needed to excel
To be successful, plans must be nimble. In 2017, we reshaped or retired some objectives and changed the names of drivers and collaborators to reflect new hires, new leadership appointments, and departures. In 2021 we reviewed and reflected on our progress towards these goals.
The planning process was purposefully deliberate and inclusive.
Update: As of May 2019, Leading Change: Strategic Plan 2015–2020 has been extended through 2022. It is now known as Leading Change: Strategic Plan 2015–2022.
Leading Change: Strategic Plan 2015–2022 has five themes, each with its own goals and specific objectives. Progress toward each objective is described in detail, with reference to who is driving the objective forward, with which partners, and providing specific examples.