- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Strategic Plan Theme: Education
2.1 Prepare UCSF PharmD graduates to provide and transform pharmacotherapy at patient and systems levels
- Provide the foundational knowledge and scientific mindset to enable problem-solving through training across the six domains of science (Biomedical, Clinical, Social and Behavioral, Epidemiology and Population, Education, and Health Systems Sciences).
- Develop professional skillsets through early, authentic immersion in workplace and research experiences.
- Promote a collaborative mindset and systems thinking through experiences with scientists and practitioners across the healthcare landscape.
- Leverage and develop educational technologies and faculty/staff expertise to deliver and transform health professions education
2.2 Develop UCSF trainees (PharmD, PhD and others) as leaders and innovators in the health sciences
- Develop competence and confidence in leadership and teamwork through the provision of training and mentoring activities
- Promote an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and skillset through education and experiences with leaders and experts in this domain
- Develop reflective practice in assessing one’s performance and solving problems
2.3 Bridge UCSF trainees into careers of the future
- Promote and support in-depth training in basic and clinical science and practice through sustainable expansion and enhancement of degree, fellowship, and residency programs
- Expose trainees to the possibilities and practicalities of a diverse array of careers through seminars and mentoring
- Expand educational partnerships by embedding trainees where cutting-edge science and technology is being performed
2.4 Make UCSF the desired destination to build a career in biomedical and pharmacotherapeutic science and practice
- Create a diverse body of exceptional trainees through partnering with educational institutions to reduce barriers to entry
- Make pharmacotherapy and pharmaceutical sciences a desired career aspiration through outreach.
2.5 Expand UCSF’s education footprint along the entire career arc
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of scientists and practitioners through expansion, development, and support of professional development and continuing education courses.
- Bring alumni and allies into the educational experience by investing in volunteer faculty and preceptor development programs
For feedback, updates, and other questions about this theme and its goals, contact Co-Vice Dean of PharmD Education Conan MacDougall, PharmD, MAS or Co-Vice Dean of Graduate Pharmacy Education Programs Brian Shoichet, PhD.