- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Patient Care
From May to August 2004, Associate Dean Levings met with select interviewees about the School, their concerns, and their ideas about existing programs and activities and potential new directions. These interviews were important to the development of Survey #1 and initial themes for the plan.
Paid faculty members, associate and assistant deans, and administrative leaders
These questions were developed, then tailored for faculty members, associate and assistant deans, and administrative leaders:
- If there were no limitations of any kind -- space, money, attitude -- what would the perfect (School, academic, research, clinical, administrative, etc.) picture look like?
- How does this compare to what we look like now? What do we have? What are we missing?
- How do you balance all of your responsibilites? What is the first to give?
- What are the most important issues the School needs to address as it moves forward?
- What current programs should we support fully and in which new areas should we be moving?
- What forces -- both inside UCSF and outside -- will affect the School's development over the next 3 to 5 years?
These questions were developed for PharmD students:
- Picture the "perfect" pharmacy school. What does it look like?
- What does the perfect pharmacy school "culture" look like?
- If you could makeover this School for all those student pharmacists who will come after you 3, 4, 5 years from now, what would you do? No constraints at all on your imaginations.
- During this makeover, you can keep the most important features of this current School. What would you keep? What would you change?
- If you were making the perfect pharmacist what "features" would you give that person?
- Which of these features is this School great at helping students develop? Where does the School need to improve?
- Are there things you are finding important to learn about the School or the profession outside of the curriculum and your extracurricular activities?
- What keeps you up at night? What are your biggest concerns?
- How do you feel as a student pharmacist? Supported? Left to your own devices? Somewhere in the middle?