- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Archived mission: September 5, 2007
September 5, 2007
The School of Pharmacy at the University of California, San Francisco is dedicated to improving human health worldwide and advancing scientific discovery.
- Conducts exceptional pharmaceutical research, including basic science, translational science, clinical science, health policy, and health services research.
- Delivers world-class education to our doctor of pharmacy, graduate, and postdoctoral students, and others.
- We educate PharmD students to be leaders and effective team members in health care and to be lifelong experts in the safe and effective use of medicines.
- We educate graduate students to be outstanding researchers across the spectrum, from the basic to the health sciences.
- We provide strong postdoctoral training.
- Develops and delivers outstanding and innovative pharmaceutical care.
- Serves the community by sharing our expertise with the public, industry leaders, and policy makers.
We achieve these goals within a culture of understanding, inclusion, equity, and respect. We recruit and support faculty members, staff, and students who are diverse in gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. We have a particular commitment to historically excluded populations who are currently underrepresented.
The missions of the UCSF School of Pharmacy Departments of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, Clinical Pharmacy, and Pharmaceutical Chemistry fall under the broader umbrella of the School's mission statement. The School supports the larger missions of the University of California, San Francisco and the University of California.
Go to: Mission