- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Ferrone appointed to UC President’s LGBT advisory council
By UCSF School of Pharmacy Editorial Staff / Wed Dec 17, 2014
Marcus Ferrone, PharmD, JD, a faculty member in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy, has been appointed as a member of the University of California President’s Advisory Council on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Students, Faculty, and Staff.
Ferrone’s appointment, to a term through the end of the 2014–15 academic year, was made by UC President Janet Napolitano. The Advisory Council is intended to advise Napolitano on ways to make the university a more welcoming and inclusive place to study and work. Its initial charge is to:
- Apprise the president on the experiences of LGBT students, faculty, and staff at the university.
- Identify emerging issues and challenges facing the LGBT community.
- Provide guidance on ways to improve campus climate for LGBT students, faulty, and staff.
About the School: The UCSF School of Pharmacy aims to solve the most pressing health care problems and strives to ensure that each patient receives the safest, most effective treatments. Our discoveries seed the development of novel therapies, and our researchers consistently lead the nation in NIH funding. The School’s doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree program, with its unique emphasis on scientific thinking, prepares students to be critical thinkers and leaders in their field.