- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
The UCSF School of Pharmacy is led by the dean, who is the chief administrative officer of the School.
The dean oversees the following groups which support the School’s mission and goals in research, education, and patient care.
- The Dean’s Office education, administrative, and advisory units.
- The Quantitative Biosciences Institute (QBI) research institute.
- Three departments: Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
A Dean’s Leadership Group advises the dean.
The Dean’s Leadership Group is an internal advisory group, appointed by the dean, which meets monthly to explore issues and opportunities and to advise the dean on strategies.
- B. Joseph Guglielmo, PharmD
- Sharon L. Youmans, PharmD, MPH
- Michelle Arkin, PhD
Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Liana Crosby
Executive assistant to the dean
Staff to the Dean’s Leadership Group
- Eric Davila
- Tejal Desai, PhD
Chair, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Thomas Kearney, PharmD
Associate dean, academic affairs
- Nevan Krogan, PhD
Director, Quantitative Biosciences Institute (QBI)
- Lisa Kroon, PharmD, CDE
Chair, Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Andrej Sali, PhD
Associate dean, research
- Alesia Woods
Associate dean, administration and finance
Leaders at health care institutions serve as assistant or associate deans in the School providing partnerships that deliver administrative support, mentoring, and instruction to UCSF's Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) students and faculty members during practice experiences.
Other org charts
- Org Chart: Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Org Chart: Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Org Chart: Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Org Chart: Education Unit
- Org Chart: Office of Administration
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry Administration
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences Administration
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy Administration
UCSF and UC administrations
The School of Pharmacy is one of several main campus units with the Chancellor’s Office, School of Dentistry, School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Graduate Division, and UCSF Medical Center. The School is under the administrative oversight of the dean, who reports to the UCSF chancellor, who reports to the UC president, who is accountable to the Regents of the University of California.
UCSF is intensely collaborative. As a result, department faculty members work with colleagues in research, education, and patient care programs across UCSF.