- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Assistant Deans
- Associate Deans
- Education Unit
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Finance and Administration
- Office of Planning and Communications
- Org chart
- Patient Care
The UCSF School of Pharmacy is led by the dean, who is the chief administrative officer of the School. The dean oversees:
- A vice dean who directs all School administration in the absence of the dean and directly oversees the School’s education, diversity, and global health agendas.
- Three department chairs who develop and administer programs in patient care, research, and education as appropriate for their individual departments.
- The director of the Quantitative Biosciences Institute (QBI).
- Unit leaders in the Dean’s Office, which is comprised of multiple administrative and advisory units.
A Dean’s Leadership Group advises the dean.
Dean’s Leadership Group
The Dean’s Leadership Group is an internal advisory group, appointed by the dean, which meets monthly to explore issues and opportunities and to advise the dean on strategies.
- B. Joseph Guglielmo, PharmD
- Sharon Youmans, PharmD, MPH
- Liana Crosby
Executive assistant to the dean
Staff to the Dean’s Leadership Group
- Tejal Desai, PhD
Chair, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Matt Jacobson, PhD
Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Thomas Kearney, PharmD, DABAT
Associate dean, academic affairs
- Lisa Kroon, PharmD, CDE
Chair, Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Susan Levings, MS
Associate dean, planning and communications
- Michael Nordberg, MPA/HSA
Associate dean, administration and finance
- Andrej Sali, PhD
Associate dean, research
UCSF and UC administrations
The School of Pharmacy is one of several main campus units with the Chancellor’s Office, School of Dentistry, School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Graduate Division, and UCSF Medical Center. The School is under the administrative oversight of the dean, who reports to the UCSF chancellor, who reports to the UC president, who is accountable to the Regents of the University of California.
UCSF is intensely collaborative. As a result, department faculty members work with colleagues in research, education, and patient care programs across UCSF.
Other org charts
- School Organizational Chart Archive
- Org Chart: Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Org Chart: Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Org Chart: Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Org Chart: Education Unit
- Org Chart: Office of Finance and Administration
- Org Chart: Office of Planning and Communications