- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Clinical Research Informatics Postdoctoral (CRISP) Fellowship accepting applications
Tue Mar 7, 2023
The UCSF Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics is offering a 1-2 year postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Research Informatics (CRISP) and welcomes candidates from the UCSF School of Pharmacy to apply by April 3.
Clinical Research Informatics, one of the five informatics specialties defined by the American Medical Informatics Society, involves using data science methods, analytics, and clinical practice observation to generate and disseminate knowledge related to health and healthcare delivery.
CRISP fellows obtain advanced didactic training in the methods of clinical research informatics and participate in regular work-in-progress and career development sessions. Fellows receive a stipend commensurate with their PGY/postdoctoral fellow status plus tuition assistance for didactic training. Applicant departments are responsible for covering approximately 25% of the total fellowship costs.
The CRISP program will be most effective for current postdoctoral fellows who have identified a project associated with an area of healthcare needing improvement. However, residents and faculty are welcome to apply. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Doctoral degree in a healthcare profession
- Clinical license in a healthcare profession (allopathic or osteopathic medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, psychology, physical therapy, acupuncture, podiatry)
- Fewer than three years of prior funding through (institutional or individual) NRSA training grants
More information, including application instructions, can be found on the CRISP webpage.
About the School: The UCSF School of Pharmacy aims to solve the most pressing health care problems and strives to ensure that each patient receives the safest, most effective treatments. Our discoveries seed the development of novel therapies, and our researchers consistently lead the nation in NIH funding. The School’s doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree program, with its unique emphasis on scientific thinking, prepares students to be critical thinkers and leaders in their field.