- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
CP159: Certificate in Resiliency Medicine Training: Immunizing for Stress
About the course
We will explore the current research and demonstrate and practice resiliency building tools including a cross-section of mind-body interactions and internal narratives (story telling). Course completion requires teaching and modeling resiliency skills. Those who successfully complete the training will be awarded a certificate in resiliency training.
This certificate training is offered in cooperation with UCSF Student Health and Counseling Services.
The course provides one elective credit or co-curricular credit in the personal development and wellness domain. After course completion, students who subsequently facilitate 2 or more formal resiliency activities may apply for an additional co-curricular credit in another domain. More info is provided during the training session.
At the completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Apply one or more resiliency medicine tools/techniques in both their personal and professional lives.
- Demonstrate, teach, and share one or more resiliency medicine techniques to their family, friends, and colleagues.
- Recall and describe the basic physical, social, behavioral, and neuroscience supporting the techniques experienced in the program.
- Create a resiliency medicine prescription for themselves as well as their family, friends, and colleagues.
- Incorporate the principles of resiliency medicine into their professional preparation or continuing education programs.
- Eleanor Vogt, PhD, MEd, RPh; School of Pharmacy, Course Coordinator
- Crystal Zhou, PharmD; School of Pharmacy