- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Class of 2022 Commencement
Commencement celebrates a pharmacy student’s completion of the PharmD degree program, providing a special moment in the presence of family and friends to reflect upon their previous years and look ahead to their future careers.
All event details are subject to change in response to pandemic conditions. This page was last updated on May 26, 2022, and will be updated as new information becomes available.
In adherence with requirements contained in federal, state, and local health orders, Davies Symphony Hall and the UCSF School of Pharmacy require the following:
- Proof of full vaccination and booster (if eligible) required for all attendees of age (five years and older), for entry. Eligibility for booster is based on date from completion of initial vaccine set. Please bring a valid ID in addition to your proof of vaccination for ushers to check at the door.
- The venue is not accepting any exemptions to this rule, including medical or religious exemptions. A doctor telling a date-eligible booster candidate not to get boosted, or a person recovering from recent COVID illness, are considered medical exemptions (not booster-eligibility criteria) and will not be honored.
- In lieu of proof of vaccination, persons under the age of five must provide a negative test result received in the 48-hours prior to their entry to be admitted to the venue.
- Masking is also required for all attendees and participants except while actively speaking from the stage. One exception: graduates can now lower their mask briefly immediately as they step onto the stage, walk across to accept their diploma, and take a photo. Masks must be put back on before graduates step off the stage and return to their seat.
Tickets and seating
- Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, May 23.
- There is no charge to enter.
- A ticket is required for every guest.
- You can order as many tickets as you need.
- There are two types of tickets:
- General Admission for everyone 5 years old and up
- Admission for children ages 4 and under.
Guests unable to adhere to the terms outlined when registering will be refused admission.
Graduates do not need a ticket and will receive information from our office about their check-in process.
Celebratory and decorative items
We understand that guests may want to bring celebratory or decorative items to commencement to celebrate their graduate. Per venue guidelines, balloons, bullhorns, and airhorns are not allowed. Signage is allowed but may only be put up momentarily as graduate crosses the stage to allow other audience members to view their graduate. We ask that you refrain from putting leis and flower arrangements around your graduate until after the ceremony to allow ease with hooding process.
Arriving to the venue
For transportation options aside from ride sharing services, there are two nearby parking garages for attendees driving to the venue and public transportation options. For parking options near the venue, you may park at the Civic Center Plaza Garage or the Performing Arts Garage. Rates vary throughout the day. MUNI lines serving Davies Symphony Hall include #5, 21, 47, and 49. Underground MUNI metro and the F Streetcar line stop nearby at Market Street and Van Ness Avenue. BART lines serve the nearby Civic Center station at Market and Eighth Streets. For more information on Bay Area public transportation options and trip planning for the entire San Francisco Bay Area, please visit 511.org or by dialing 511.
Both links open in a new tab or window:
The event will be streamed live starting at 10 a.m. Pacific time on Friday, May 27. The video will remain available to view after the event ends.
CSHP Flower Sale
California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP) at UCSF is hosting their annual flower fundraiser to help celebrate your incredible graduate’s accomplishments! This is a convenient opportunity to have quality flowers ready for pickup at the graduation venue the morning of this special day. CSHP is offering single/double Dendrobium orchid leis, bouquets of roses, and Gerbera daisies for pre-order. Photos of each are included in the order form below. Orders also come with the option to include a personalized message. Upon placing your order, CSHP will contact you to confirm your order and pick-up location. If you are unable to attend graduation and still want to show your support, indicate on the order form that you will not be able to make it and CSHP will arrange to have your pre-ordered flowers be picked up by the graduate at the venue directly following the ceremony. Orders must be submitted by Thursday, May 12 at 11:59 p.m.
Our 2022 speaker is Sandra Leal, PharmD, MPH, president of the American Pharmacists Association and vice president of Collaborative Innovation and Clinical Strategy for Aetna, a CVS Health Company. Leal has been recognized as a Good Government Pharmacist of the Year by the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) for her advocacy work on pharmacist provider status. She is a two-time recipient of the Pinnacle Award from the APhA Foundation for her progressive practice innovations, and she received the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Best Practice Award for her leading practice in diabetes management. Two themes that govern Leal’s professional life are a passion to eliminate barriers to care and to improve access and outcomes for patients. Leal is certain to inspire you and your guests with her vision, good humor, and deep commitment to patients and service to her community.
Contact Student Affairs Coordinator Julia Dunn, MFA ([email protected]) with questions and to request accommodations for this event. Please submit your accommodation requests by May 6, 2022 to ensure proper arrangements can be made.