- About Overview
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Organization Overview
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- PharmD Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Partnerships
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Quantitative Biosciences Institute
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
School of Pharmacy women highlighted for their influence in science and education
By UCSF School of Pharmacy Editorial Staff / Tue May 11, 2010
Four members of the UCSF School of Pharmacy faculty have been named from among a list of 14 as key women in science research and education at UCSF. They are (pictured left-to-right):
- Mary Anne Koda-Kimble, PharmD, dean of the School of Pharmacy—a clinical pharmacist and international leader in pharmacy education.
- Kathy Giacomini, PhD, co-chair of the Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences—a teacher, research scientist and expert in how our genetic profiles influence how we respond to drugs.
- Sarah Nelson, PhD, co-chair of the Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences—a teacher, research scientist and leader in developing sophisticated imaging tools to improve disease diagnosis and treatment.
- Tejal Desai, PhD, professor, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences—a teacher and accomplished research scientist who specializes in developing microtechnologies and nanotechnologies to improve the treatment of disease.
The list was published by the San Francisco Business Times on April 23, 2010, and accompanied a feature article on UCSF Chancellor Susan Desmond-Hellmann.
Note: The Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences is a joint department between the UCSF Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine.
The Women of UCSF: Some of the key women in science research and education at UCSF
School of Pharmacy, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, PharmD Degree Program, BMI, QBC, CCB, PSPG, Bioinformatics, Biophysics
About the School: The UCSF School of Pharmacy aims to solve the most pressing health care problems and strives to ensure that each patient receives the safest, most effective treatments. Our discoveries seed the development of novel therapies, and our researchers consistently lead the nation in NIH funding. The School’s doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree program, with its unique emphasis on scientific thinking, prepares students to be critical thinkers and leaders in their field.