UCSF School of Pharmacy faculty members are improving the lives of people through insights and discoveries that relate directly -- and sometimes indirectly -- to medications and health.
Their science could involve the development of new approaches to drug discovery and development or the testing of a new procedure to manage the misuse of antibiotics in hospitals. It could look at factors affecting the patient outcomes of medication use or the effects of research sponsorship on research outcomes.
Their work is carried out through the School's 3 departments, through interdisciplinary programs, and in collaboration with colleagues campuswide, nationwide, and worldwide.
The expertise of the School's faculty -- from chemistry to clinical pharmacy -- is reflected in its research, facilities, and services:
- California Poison Control System (CPCS)
- Computer Graphics Laboratory (CGL)
- Drug Product Services Laboratory (DPSL)
- Drug Research Unit (DRU)
- Drug Studies Unit (DSU)
- Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Medication Outcomes Center
- Molecular Design Institute (MDI)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Laboratory (NMR)
- Peptide and DNA Synthesis / Sequence Analysis & Consulting Service (SACS)
- Program for Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy Studies (ProPEPS)
- Small Molecule Discovery Center (SMDC)
The School supports UCSF standards for research quality and integrity. Details: Office of Ethics and Compliance Integrity of Research Notice.
Go to: School of Pharmacy home page