- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Assistant Deans
- Associate Deans
- Education Unit
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Finance and Administration
- Office of Planning and Communications
- Org chart
- Patient Care
UCSF School of Pharmacy’s 32nd year of top NIH funding includes many new projects
By David Jacobson / Fri Apr 13, 2012
Total grants and contracts awarded to School of Pharmacy researchers during the NIH fiscal year 2011 (running from October 1, 2010 to September 31, 2011) totaled $29.1 million, according to Michael Nordberg, MPA/HSA, associate dean of administration and finance.
Such preeminence in securing highly competitive U.S. federal research funds reflects the School’s strengths in advancing long-standing national technology centers in mass spectrometry and biocomputing, as well as on-going major research projects within the School’s three departments, including areas such as:
- Women and HIV, Department of Clinical Pharmacy.
- Pharmacogenomics of membrane transporters, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences.
- Key enzymes in apoptosis and inflammation, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
But the School’s continuing leadership also reflects first-time NIH support for new faculty projects as well as for new researchers, including two postdoctoral fellows.
More on new NIH funding
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
School of Pharmacy NIH funding
About the School: The UCSF School of Pharmacy is a premier graduate-level academic organization dedicated to improving health through precise therapeutics. It succeeds through innovative research, by educating PharmD health professional and PhD science students, and by caring for the therapeutics needs of patients while exploring innovative new models of patient care. The School was founded in 1872 as the first pharmacy school in the American West. It is an integral part of UC San Francisco, a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide.