- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Education Unit
- Assistant Deans
- Associate Deans
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Finance and Administration
- Office of Planning and Communications
- Org chart
- Patient Care
PharmD/PhD Combined Degree Program
The UCSF School of Pharmacy offers a combined UCSF PharmD/PhD degree program to highly motivated and well-qualified student pharmacists who are interested in clinical and research education.
This is a sequential degree program that combines:
- a professional UCSF Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree with the
- advanced training and research of a UCSF Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacogenomics (PSPG).
This combined degree program is available only to students enrolled in the UCSF PharmD program. Admission to the UCSF PharmD/PhD combined degree program is selective, and the program is rigorous and demanding. At the same time, the career potential for the combined degree is exciting. There is a pressing need to translate basic science research to clinical application. This program meets that need efficiently and within a unique university that is devoted solely to the health sciences, including the core functions of both discovery and patient care.