- About Overview
- Honors and Awards
- Facts and Figures
- Support the School
- Contact Us
- Dean’s Office
- Dean’s Office Overview
- Education Unit
- Office of Faculty Academic Affairs
- Office of Administration
- Org Chart
- Patient Care
Integrated Core Curriculum Team
About the team
The Integrated Core Curriculum Team delivers four components of the UCSF School of Pharmacy’s doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree program: Foundations, Integrated Themes, Discovery Project, and Applied Patient Care Skills. The team also manages a series of “Inquiry” topics that appear throughout Foundations, Integrated Themes, Discovery Projects, and a mini-course called Inquiry Immersion that takes place in the first year.
Together, these components prepare students to excel in parallel Pharmacy Practice Experiences at sites throughout the state of California.
The team is composed of School faculty members who draw on their individual expertise to give PharmD students the knowledge and skills required to provide the highest standard of care for patients. Team members cooperatively design and teach the Integrated Core curriculum, weaving together lectures with relevant skills training that leads, for example, to hands-on experience with vaccination administration.
Part of the Education Unit in the Dean’s Office, the Core team was crucial for the School’s recent curriculum redesign, which produced the current three-year, year-round PharmD program. The team lead is Igor Mitrovic, MD, the associate dean of the integrated core curriculum, who reports to the vice dean.
- Planning, integration and coordination of teaching and assessments across Foundations, Integrated Themes, Applied Patient Care Skills, Discovery Project, and Inquiry
- Integrated Core Curriculum oversight and quality control
- Integrated Core Curriculum and faculty development
Areas of expertise include
- Written and practical assessment of student performance
- Synchronous and asynchronous teaching and learning
- Instructional and curricular design
- Statistics and research design
- Biopharmaceutical, biomedical, and therapeutic sciences
- Social, regulatory, and behavioral sciences