Connecting while on campus
Computer Labs - Where you can find a computer on campus.
Wireless - How to connect to the internet in classrooms, meeting rooms, and lecture halls on campus.
Connecting from off campus
VPN - Get access to UCSF-restricted Web sites and databases when you use an off-campus internet connection such as DSL or cable modem.
Internet - How to connect to the internet from home.
Using drug databases
Using Drug References - Getting started with drug guides and databases for your Blackberry, iPhone, Palm, or Windows Mobile device.
Using mobile applications
Creating a website
Kalmanovitz Library can offer you a Loaner Laptop should you temporarily be without your laptop.
Hard drive crash? Broken USB drive? Unfortunately, we do not offer data recovery services. To explore your options or get advice, search Google on data recovery or ask in the public Craigslist computer forum.
See Information Security to learn what you need to know about keeping confidential data secure.
See Computer Recycling to learn how to ensure that your computer and related electronics don't end up in a landfill or in the hands of identity thieves.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 415/514-4100 (available 24x7x365)
- Web: ucsf.service-now.com/ess
- In person: Kalmanovitz Library, Floor 2, Room 240 (available 8 AM to 6 PM, Mon to Fri)
Step-by-step instructions for protecting your computer:
- Get anti-virus software (Mac and Windows): Download Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) antivirus and antispyware
- Update your anti-virus software
- Ensure that your computer is free of viruses
- Set up a firewall
- Install operating system updates
- Install Microsoft Office updates
- Remove spyware
Accounts, Logins, and Passwords
Accounts, logins, and passwords - Why you have so many accounts and how to keep track of them all.
All School of Pharmacy students must meet the computer requirements that were specified in their entering year.