Sources of research funding, grants, awards, scholarships for students in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Pathway.
Programs, Organizations, Foundations
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) - The national organization representing the interests of pharmacy education and educators.
- American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (AFPE) - Advancing and supporting pharmaceutical sciences education at United States schools and colleges of pharmacy.
- InnoCentive - Enables solvers to receive professional recognition and financial awards for solving R&D challenges.
- John E. Fogarty International Center (FIC) for Advanced Study in Health Sciences - Addresses global health challenges through innovative and collaborative research and training programs and supports and advances the NIH mission through international partnerships.
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship (NDSEG) - As a means of increasing the number of United States citizens and nationals trained in science and engineering disciplines of military importance, the Department of Defense (DoD) plans to award approximately 200 new 3-year graduate fellowships in April 2011, subject to the availability of funds. The DoD will offer these fellowships to individuals who have demonstrated the ability and special aptitude for advanced training in science and engineering.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Investigates ways to prevent disease as well as the causes, treatments, and even cures for common and rare diseases.
- Office of Extramural Research (OER) - Grants and funding.
- National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) - List of grant funding organizations outside of NIH that cover the same areas of science as the NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
- Ruth L. Kirchstein National Research Service Awards (NSRA) - See F31, F32, T32 on F Files.
- PharmD Gateway to NIH - Grants specific to PharmDs.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - An independent federal agency created by the United States Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense..."
Pacific Rim Research Program (PRRP) - A multicampus program established to encourage Pacific Rim research on the 10 University of California campuses. It funds 4 types of activities:
- Research grants (up to $18,000/year)
- Workshop and planning grants (up to $15,000)
- Faculty development grants (up to $10,000)
- Mini-grants (up to $3,000).
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America Foundation Foundation (PhRMA) - Promotes public health through scientific and medical research and provides funding for research and for the education and training of scientists and physicians who have selected pharmacology, pharmaceutics, toxicology, informatics or health outcomes as a career choice.
- [CampusRXBio][ defunct as of April 23, 2012] - Job portal for students, recent graduates or alumni interested in exploring a career in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life sciences industries.
- Postdoc Jobs - Fellowships - Scholarships database; search for and browse scholarships.
- Science Careers and GrantsNet - Find funds for training in the sciences and undergraduate science education.
Go To: Resources